Industrial Controls Programmer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
We’re searching for an Industrial Controls programmer to join our team and help take our products to the next level. The candidate will report to the Manager, Controls Sustaining Engineering and actively participates in the elaboration, implementation, and the delivery of automated solution for warehouses. This is a great opportunity to develop and scale high-end automated system in an innovative and energetic team.
- Perform root cause analysis to understand technical issues and validate requirements to resolve issues with internal and external stakeholders.
- Implements solutions, standards and/or programming modifications to system equipment, including hardware and software modifications, to complex electrical and process control systems
- Collaborate with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers, release management and other internal staff to perform PLC and HMI updates for the customer, on-site or remotely.
- Demonstrate compliance with both customer and internal team requirements by participating in peer reviews and performing tests using the test framework
- Test, maintain, and modify existing systems
- Develop and maintain documentation associated with the use, maintenance, continuous improvement of the system.
- Contribute to improvement initiatives and, in some cases, be responsible for these initiatives
- Provide customer support as needed.
- Workplace: Montreal, Canada or Wilmington, United States, remote work will also be considered
- Available to travel approximatively 30% to various customer locations (Canada and United States)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering or Automation Engineer or Computer science or in a related discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- 3 years’ experience with automated systems engineering
- Extensive experience programming Rockwell PLC
- Knowledge of Industrial networks
- Experience developing and programming Human Machine Interface (Ignition 8, Factory Talk ME/SE)
- Able to understand and read electrical and mechanical schematics
- Able to develop, read and interpret technical requirements and functional specifications
- Strong background in troubleshooting complex automated system
- Experience with JIRA and agile methodology
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.