- Palestine, TX, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Reporting to Automation Manager, the Maintenance Manager plans and leads the daily activities of the Maintenance Department in the areas of Safety, Quality, and Maintenance. This requires both a focus on leadership as well as the full utilization of information, procedures and methods to positively impact the materials, machines, and overall system.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA, Symbotic, and our customers’ processes and procedures are met daily.
- Conduct safety training and performing safety observations.
- Execute Symbotic’s maintenance program through training, accountability and delegation to maintenance technicians and leads.
- Supervising maintenance technicians and leads, including assigning work and determining work schedules.
- Coaching regarding professional development of maintenance employees.
- Actively pursues measures to reduce downtime on production equipment.
- Identifies opportunities and takes measures to reduce waste.
- Coordinates initiatives to reduce operating costs.
- Completes tasks in a timely and organized manner.
- Plan, schedule and monitor the timely completion of maintenance work orders.
- Deploy Industry Standard Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence Practices including root cause corrective action programs related to equipment breakdown analysis.
- Contacting and working with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results when applicable.
- Purchasing materials, parts, and supplies as required to maintain proper inventory levels.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate maintenance records and other paperwork.
- Coaches team and facilitates troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Maintaining work areas to plant standards of housekeeping.
- Responsible for continuous cleaning and adhering to 5S policies.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience/ certification in electronics, automotive, automation, manufacturing or equivalent field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position.
Skills and Competencies:
- Values safety above all else.
- Utilize progressive coaching and counseling concepts according to established policies and procedures to provide continuous feedback on performance, increase employee retention and improve employee relations.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation communications skills.
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) experience. Maximo preferred.
- Be proficient in performing all Preventive Maintenance Inspection functions including: cleaning, lubrication, tolerance checking, current measurements, checking electrical systems.
- Strong electro-mechanical skills.
- Ability to work independent of supervision following maintenance procedures and manuals.
- A high sense of urgency.
- Takes critical feedback and recognition positively.
- Team player.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches.
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable of working in temperatures ranging from 105° to 32° Fahrenheit.
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing up to 60lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling, seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling, balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects, and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.