Sr. Materials Planner
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
You want to make an immediate impact within the organization, and work with people who are focused on quality every step of the way. You’re a self-starter who is able to build relationships with external partners, as well as maintain alignment with internal teams. You thrive on coordinating tens of millions of pounds of technology across a network of sites on time with predictable cost. If this gets you excited then this is the career for you! We are looking for a team leader to build the processes & methods in a new role that will enable us to grow from one-at-a-time project work to multi-site deployments in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for system level MRP demand planning across internal factories and external partners
- Responsible for developing tools & analytics to report on material health of projects, as well as anticipated areas of risk
- Manage and prioritize multiple project inventory allocation from supply partners, manufacturing and warehouses to installation sites
- Develop demand forecast models to depict new customer & production ramp scenarios, and lead time analysis
- Coordinate cross-functional activities to align sales forecasts, inventory positioning, financial objectives and reconcile differences
- Interact with Sales and Engineering to understand upcoming demand drivers
- Follow-up with forecast participants to ensure that actions agreed to are completed
- Identify and report on any significant variances between forecasted sales and the organization’s capacity
- Provide input to the SCM organization in developing inventory strategies on existing products, new products, product phase-outs and spares
- Work with production planners to manage exceptions caused by events in sales and operations
- Provide data on sales variability, forecast accuracy and future forecasts that are used in setting safety stocks and inventory planning parameters
- Develop an organization to drive accountability and support the department/company goals
- Quality in everything you do!
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- 10 years planning experience
- 5 years people management experience
- APICS or other forecasting certification preferred
- Deep understanding of the requirements of manufacturing, supply chain operations, logistics, sales and finance
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Sound analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Proficient with planning tools; MRP, inventory analysis, Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.