Director, IT Engineering & Installations
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Are you a people person? Good at helping people with a friendly, patient attitude? Are you interested in assisting F500 companies change the way they run their business? We are searching for a Director, IT Engineering & Installations candidate who has experience managing technically complex and highly integrated projects for our customers. You would be responsible for Architecture, Engineering and Installation services for the IT Infrastructure for our customers. This includes wired and wireless networks, compute, storage, backups, cabling, PCs and other end devices.
- Collaborating with our Product and Engineering teams to develop and maintain the technology roadmap.
- Architecting and engineering our IT technology roadmap and help deploy systems used to run software in support of the automation structure.
- Meeting project commitments and releasing documented designs that achieve the IT roadmap objectives.
- Planning, tracking and communicating project status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborating with other hardware and software engineering teams on planning, designing and releasing of new products or making updates to existing ones.
- Designing and managing the installation of cabling (copper and fiber) at the customer sites.
- Manage the installation of the designed systems, networks and cabling at the customer sites.
- Managing the Product IT team (architecture and engineering) and the Installation team
- Manage the relationships with our critical vendors.
- Coach, mentor, and develop the talents of the Product IT and Installation team.
- Manage the team plans by establishing clear goals and hold staff accountable and participate in regular feedback dialog with staff members. Manage corrective action as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Engineering related discipline
- Minimum 15 years of experience in IT infrastructure
- At least 10 years of experience leading/managing IT teams, developing IT strategy, and developing IT budgets and plans.
- Experience in delivering highly available, cost effective infrastructure to meet SLAs for a production environment.
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience with TCP/IP based wired and wireless networks, protocols and troubleshooting
- Experience with hardware deployment for servers, storage and networks
- Experience working with vendors for site deliverables
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 2008, 2012, 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 servers
- Experience with Active Directory 2012 and 2016
- Experience with Linux deployment – ubuntu, RHEL etc.
- Experience in O365, Azure and AWS a plus.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL is a plus.
- Ability to understand complex technical challenges and facilitate resolution.
- Ability to troubleshoot details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external technical audiences.
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and build trust with stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous events and issues.
- Ability to write and/or execute detailed plans
- Experience conveying technical information to non-technical people
- Independent and self-directed, ability to multitask and manage priorities
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to details.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.