Director, IT Operations
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Are you a people person? Good at helping people with a friendly, patient attitude? Are you interested in assisting F500 companies change the way they run their business? We are searching for a Director, IT Operations candidate who has experience running a 24x7 systems/network operations group, an internal service desk, support services for our internal development systems, and our cloud-based services.
- Lead your IT Operations team to provide a 24 x7 service (both on and offshore) to monitor and maintain both customer and Symbotic sites’ network and systems.
- Your team will work with and support customer-site based support teams during service impacting events.
- Responsible for the company’s Logic Monitor and other tools.
- Your IT Operations team will be responsible for operational maintenance, e.g. telcos, patching, upgrades, RMAs and so on. This in conjunction with customers, internal teams and vendors.
- You will ensure proper standard operating policies, procedures and processes are in place or will be put in place.
- You will ensure that your team maintains all site documentation to make sure we always have an up-to-date view of your supported networks and systems.
- Your team will ensure all sites are proactively monitored and proper altering is in place.
- Your Helpdesk team will ensure all end-user compute is maintained and refreshed.
- Your Corporate IT team will maintain the company’s cloud services (Azure) and its development platforms.
- Experience managing a 24x7 operational environment
- Experience in managing monitoring tools/environments
- Experience leading teams that deploy site upgrades, e.g. operating systems, BIOS, patching, etc.
- Experience with TCP/IP based wired and wireless networks, protocols and troubleshooting
- Experience with hardware deployment for servers, storage and networks
- Experience working with vendors for site deliverables
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 2008, 2012, 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 servers
- Experience with Active Directory 2012 and 2016
- Experience with Linux deployment – ubuntu, RHEL etc. is a plus
- Experience with cloud services such as Microsoft 365, Azure and AWS a plus.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL (ITSM) is a plus.
- Able to communicate verbally or in writing with in a professional and friendly manner
- Ability to write and/or execute detailed operational plans
- Ability to see process gaps and putting proper policies/processed in place
- Ability to create and manage meaningful KPIs and metrics.
- Experience conveying technical information to non-technical people
- Independent and self-directed, ability to multitask and manage priorities
- Excellent communicator and listener
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.