Technical Project Manager
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The Project Manager is a member of the Technical Program Management Office that is responsible for the planning and delivery of the projects aligned to the business programs focused on New Product Development. The Project Manager manages cross-functional team deliverables and represents the team at company level planning and status reporting meetings as well as providing updates on individual deliverables.
- Execute multiple projects simultaneously by managing multidisciplinary teams that bring new products from concept through development, testing, implementation, and commercialization.
- Ensure rapid execution and on time, high quality delivery of complex NPD projects
- Foster a culture focused on transparency, speed of decision-making, and a synchronized partnership with cross-functional teams, such as R&D, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Supply Chain and Deployment Engineering
- Facilitate the resolution of issues, risks, and challenges that surface and escalate when required.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and regularly communicate initiative status to the Technical Program Manager.
- Open to candidates located in the USA.
- Travel up to 25%, and 50% during initial 2 month on-boarding.
- High sense of urgency
- Willingness to learn and improve
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and facilitate resolution. Ability to communicate well with internal and external technical audiences. Ability to triage issues based on priority, impact, risk, release timing.
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and build trust with stakeholders.
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to details.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience managing projects
- Proficiencies in the following applications: JIRA, Smart Sheet, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Excel, Word, and Visio
- Experience with industrial/robotic automation
- Experience with high tech manufacturing
- Experience with rapid growth companies
- PMP Certification
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.