Technical Program Manager
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Program Manager with experience managing technically complex New Product Development (NPD) programs. The Technical Program Manager is responsible for the end-to-end strategy, planning, and execution of multi-year programs. To accomplish this, the Technical Program Manager will lead a group of project managers and work cross-functionally with R&D, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Supply Chain, and Deployment Engineering organizations. This position is a highly visible role and will interact with all departments and levels across the company including executive management.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to bring new products from concept through development, testing, implementation, and commercialization.
- Ensure rapid execution and on time, high quality delivery of complex NPD programs.
- Foster a culture focused on transparency, speed of decision-making, and a synchronized partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues, risks, and challenges that surface.
- Identify technical issues as well as macro-economic and geopolitical risks that could affect the program success and help the team navigate them.
- Continuously challenge and improve our internal processes to find efficiencies.
- Continuously challenge and improve our way of working by implementing new standards, processes and procedures that streamline interactions and communication across teams.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and regularly communicate initiative status to teams and senior management.
- Open to candidates located in the USA.
- Travel up to 25%, and 50% during initial 2 month on-boarding.
- High sense of urgency
- Willingness to learn and improve
- Demonstrated success managing large-scale, complex, cross-functional programs integrating hardware, software, and controls.
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience with problem solving methodologies.
- Experience facilitating dynamic meetings, coordinating among high energy participants, and directing towards productive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly articulate program information to any level of the company.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, willingness to adapt to change and proceed on decisions made with varying levels of uncertainty.
- Experience with using metrics and data analysis to support or drive the right or most beneficial process improvements.
- Ultimate team player. Collaborative yet passionate and motivating.
- Ability to provide critical technical thinking at the team level to trigger appropriate discussions around requirements, design, and process challenges that the team may face.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Proficiencies in the following applications: JIRA, Smart Sheet, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Excel, Word, and Visio
- Experience with industrial/robotic automation
- Experience with high tech manufacturing
- Experience with rapid growth companies
- PMP Certification
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.