Software Support Engineer - Tier 3
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, solutions oriented and creative environments. The Software Support Engineer is a focal point within the Symbotic software organization for customer support activities related to the MatrixSelect software system. Specifically, in this role, the individual(s) will provide remote and field support to Symbotic customers and operations teams for the installation and configuration of the system. The Software Support Engineer will work proactively and in response to ad-hoc support calls to ensure the software system is running properly in the production warehouse automation environments of our customers. The team will also develop and maintain support driven applications for use in those same environments.
What you will be doing:
- Provide direct support for product release activities “on-site” at customer locations.
- Provide escalation support for short-term problem resolution activities.
- Perform direct coding and validation activities for support tools.
- Create documentation of system level functionality from a support perspective.
- Install highly configurable hardware interfacing software.
- Gather information about the needs of the customers and the capabilities/usage of the underlying software components to drive product improvement activities within software engineering in a proactive manner.
- C# programming experience is desired
- SQL and SQL Server is required.
- Linux exposure is desired.
- Working knowledge of Windows O/S configuration is desired.
- Working knowledge of Windows User and Account management is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.