Senior Software Engineer – Tools Development
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
As a Software Engineer, you will play a hands-on role in driving the development of applications and tools for our next generation of mobile robots. The team will be creating a full suite of management services including visualization of robot actions and analysis of operational data. The qualified candidate will become instrumental in the development of new tools that maximize the productivity of our robotics solutions. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
- Play a hands-on role in the creation of tooling to aid in the development, diagnostics and maintenance of the Symbotic mobile robotic warehouse solutions
- Research and select technologies and software implementation strategies.
- Troubleshoot system problems in production or design by investigating issues related to product performance or production difficulties.
- Design and develop cognitive technologies that optimize solution operation and minimize maintenance overhead.
- Demonstrate passion about building high quality software that addresses customer needs, love solving problems and facing new challenges.
- Be a proactive communicator who enjoys working closely with creative and technical peers.
- Work in a dynamic Agile/Scrum based environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7+ years of Professional experience developing software applications.
- Expert level experience with Object Oriented design using C# to deliver software solutions.
- Experience in technical leadership role including creating design documents and communicating strategies to the team.
- Ability to dive deep into data to understand customer issues that need to be addressed.
- Expertise in machine learning is desirable.
- This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and support unscheduled events.
- This person must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.