- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The Director of Software Qaulity Assurance will play a leadership role in the software development organization and will help bring our robotics solutions to our customers. This role will be responsible for leading the development of automated testing for our world class software teams.
- Create and implement testing principles within software development across multiple different departments.
- Interaction with software development, firmware, and hardware groups required in identifying defects within system software and embedded code bases.
- Test, install, and setup target environments for state of the are automated material handling system.
- Ensuring and validating the quality of the Symbotic software which will be rolled out in our customer environments.
- Work with defect tracking systems, creating manual & automatic test cases, choosing test tools, creating and installing software on target test environments, and recording test results for an automated material handling system.
- Work in a cross collaborative environment and will be working with other SQA professionals as well as software, systems, and controls engineers.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in a related engineering discipline (ie. Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, etc.).
- An MS degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience working in high technology environments with a focus on software applications.
- 8-10+ of those years with experience in test and deployment of software systems in industrial environment
- At least 5+ years spent managing teams
- Knowledge of UML, OOD, Agile, multithreading, multiprocessing, & SW / HW integration desired.
- The qualified candidate should have experience managing quality assurance for Object Oriented development environments
- This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and support unscheduled events.
- This person must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Qualified candidates should be comfortable working with research and development as well as engineering and production personnel.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.