Manager of Procurement - Structures/Steel
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
This key position must understand commodity metal markets, index pricing, fabrication sources and methods, to execute procurement and sourcing best practices. This role is responsible for accurately and precisely planning and buying high quality cost effective products from both domestic and off-shore suppliers. The focus of this position is to maintain key vendor relationships at a high level and manage a team to support the acquisition of System Steel Structures and other related categories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and control activities related to System Installation(s) schedule with the objective of optimizing the total cost of purchase.
- Act as a liaison between engineering and suppliers and facilitate communication
- Reviewing and analyzing data to determine cost saving opportunities through vendor consolidation and/or contract negotiations.
- Direct the preparation of RFQ and quote evaluation to facilitate a make/buy decision.
- Expertise in using MRP and planning tools, analyze inventory order patterns and sales data to provide input for strategic purchasing decisions.
- Assist in analysis of new trends in market & technology.
- Work cooperatively with peers to implement consistent policies, procedures, strategies, and reporting
- Identifies areas of risk for the business (i.e. delivery, quality, cost, performance, etc.) and makes recommendations mitigating risk
- Ensure material status reporting is available on expedited and late material orders
- Ongoing problem solving and support of material shortages and problem parts
- Maintain the accuracy of purchase item data and planning parameters driving the MPS/MRP processes.
- Analyze and solve purchasing problems with other departments (Accounting, Receiving, Production Planning, Product Development, etc.) such as conformance to quality or design requirements, material scheduling, receiving, and price disputes)
- Ability to work cross-functionally, with other departments, to ensure that both internal and external service levels are met.
- Assist with ERP, JIT, Kanban, or other logistics systems set-up, as needed.
- Other duties for this role will be assigned as necessary/appropriate.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in Purchasing or related field within a manufacturing facility; Steel fabrication a plus. Relevant experience within the robotics industry preferred.
- Experience in contract negotiation and price negotiation in a manufacturing environment.
- B.S. minimum, MBA preferred
- Must be able to read blue prints and gather the required information
- Must be organized and very detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, power Point )
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.