System Test Engineer
- Brooksville, FL 34601, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Our System Test Engineers work closely with engineering and on-site team members to ensure the successful implementation of newly introduced product lines from the initial software drop through all phases of product testing. The primary responsibility of the System Test Engineer is to complete point testing at the request of engineering as well as stress testing for our manufacturing and hardware organizations. This is a combination of software and hardware tests.
- Participate in the development of integration and functional test plans.
- Assist with setup and execution of test cases and recording of results
- Basic hands-on troubleshooting and system operation, mechanical aptitude required to interact with equipment and perform basic troubleshooting during testing
- Participate in the defect management process of by identifying and documenting hardware and software issues and presenting results to a larger audience
- Creating and maintaining a professional teamwork environment and being an excellent team player while working with various members of the engineering and on-site teams
- Work directly with a small team keeping the test center operational and participating in all manner of engineering and software tests either at the system or component level
- Eager individuals ready to take on increased amounts of responsibility
- 4yr degree in a technical field preferred, military and vocational training considered
- 0-3 years of experience in related field or similar role
- Existing computer knowledge/Software Knowledge with experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL, Windows, Linux is a plus. Arduino/Raspberry Pi (C/C++) competence a plus.
- A willingness to learn a deeper level of knowledge of all aspects of a complex system
- Excellent team player, able to work professionally with members of various engineering teams, technicians, and other staff.
- Willingness to adhere to the safety work policy provided
- Ability to work in rapidly changing startup environment with limited instruction
- Must be willing to work weekends and off shifts as required to support critical deployments and product development at peak times
- Must have credit card available for travelling expenses.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.