- Melrose Park, IL, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
As a Cell Operator, you will be responsible for system upkeep and operations of automated adapters used to interface with the Symbotic structure. You will be responsible for assisting with system readiness to achieve performance targets as defined by leadership. You will also be responsible for utilizing Human/Machine Interface terminals to effectively operate equipment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA, Symbotic, and our customers’ processes and procedures are met daily.
- Perform pre-production checks on automated adapters ensuring equipment is in ‘ready to run’ state.
- Process and monitor the flow of the automated storage and retrieval system, through means of the adapters, including manual inbound, automatic inbound, automatic outbound, to achieve maximum throughput and cases per hour.
- Prepare pallets for induction into the Symbotic storage and retrieval system.
- Assess cause of system stoppage and return to service using Human/Machine Interface (HMI) and manual intervention.
- Assist other team members in the operation of systems troubleshooting.
- Analyze recurring faults and determine best corrective action.
- Communicate and escalate all issues impacting production immediately to operational leadership.
- Contribute to overall system uptime through system preservation, robot recovery, suspect removal, and bot health actions.
- Make recommendations for process/continuous improvement.
- Perform periodic system inspections including: cleaning, lubrication, tolerance checking, component validation.
- Report all out of spec conditions and perform root cause corrective action.
- Maintain continuous operation of system components.
- Monitor and utilize common radio etiquette while obtaining instructions from leadership and operational leads.
- Perform rover bot upkeep to include, but not limited to, replacing wheels, cleaning, ESD brushes, sensors, etc.
- Responsible for automated robotic vehicle recovery in the Symbotic Matrix select system to include working in restrictive environments.
- Assist Automation technicians with breakdown calls and continuous system availability.
- Perform basic duties of the Automation Technicians as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Values safety above all else.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations.
- Be proficient in performing all System Inspection functions including: cleaning, lubrication, tolerance checking, current measurements, and checking electrical systems.
- Ability to prioritize work to gain maximum uptime and throughput from an automated cell.
- Ability to analyze stoppages and resolve/escalate accordingly.
- Ability to work with limited supervision following system procedures and manuals.
- A high sense of urgency.
- Takes critical feedback and recognition positively.
- Ability to Multi-task and perform multiple job functions at once.
- Must be literate, written and verbal, in English Language.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches.
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable of working in temperatures ranging from 105° to 32° Fahrenheit.
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing up to 60lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling, seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling, balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects, and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.