Manager, Architecture Engineering
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Are you a people person? Good at helping people with a friendly, patient attitude? Are you interested in assisting F500 companies change the way they run their business? We are Searching for a Manager for Engineering team to lead a team of Engineers with system, network – wired and wireless and Cabling experience
- You will lead the Engineering team to plan and deliver site builds and define process and streamline deployments
- You will work with internal and external customers to gather site requirements and work with the team to get the design for deployment
- Work on automating deployments, configurations, and processes as they become repeatable
- Work on planning rolling site Infrastructure upgrades
- Create test lab to test any rolling upgrades and patches
- Manage Vendor relationship and work with supply chain to order equipment for site
- Work with Internal and External customers to manage team’s timelines
- Experience validating Architectural design and Managing team of 7+ Engineers with varied skill sets
- Experience design and planning redundant sites and creating DR strategies
- Experience with TCP/IP based networks, protocols, and troubleshooting
- Experience with HP Servers, Cisco UCS, Dell servers – chassis and pizza boxes.
- Experience and knowledge of Automation tools: WDS, SCCM, Ansible
- Extensive knowledge and experience with VMware 5.x, 6.x and 7x
- Experience with HP 3Par, EMC VNX and Pure storage and deep understanding of NFS, iSCSI and Fiber channel for Storage arrays.
- Experience with HP CX switches and Aruba controllers
- Experience using PowerShell scripting in everyday operation
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 2008, 2012, 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 servers
- Experience with Active Directory 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Experience with Linux deployment – ubuntu, RHEL etc
- Experience in O365, Azure and AWS
- Experience designing multi-tenant Datacenters mapped across multiple sites.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes deployment is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of system update management
- Able to communicate verbally or in writing with in a professional and friendly manner
- Willing to work as an escalation point for Engineering Team on-call support for customers.
- Experience conveying technical information to non-technical people
- Proficient in scripting of commonly performed tasks
- Independent and self-directed, ability to multitask and manage priorities
- Excellent communicator and listener
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience planning Disaster Recovery is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.