Advanced Robotics Test Engineer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Robotics Test Engineer to play a very hands-on role in the development of our next generation of mobile robots, conveyance and automation systems. The qualified candidate will be a driving force behind test planning and execution to validate the functional performance and reliability of Symbotic products and systems, while collaborating closely among diverse cross-functional engineering teams.
- Create detailed Design Verification Test (DVT) procedures to validate that Symbotic products and Systems meet functional requirements and reliability targets.
- Create detailed Design of Experiments (DOE) to identify sources of variation.
- Develop tools, fixtures, and test environments to satisfy objectives.
- Contribute to test program development, help build test schedules, set milestones and determine tools and capital equipment requirements.
- Determine well-defined success metrics, thoroughly document methods, and produce comprehensive test reports showing exceptional attention to detail.
- Produce very clear, concise presentations and confidently communicate test results and findings to other functional groups and management.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering development teams and provide insights to guide future decision making.
- Troubleshoot system and product problems in design, manufacturing, or customer site operations.
- Conduct root cause analysis and drive resolution.
- Support transition of new designs to production. Guide the Manufacturing Test organization in the definition of acceptance tests based on validation test findings and results.
- BS in Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience testing products with a high degree of hardware and software complexity, preferably robotics or automation.
- Experience with motion control equipment, material handling systems, motors, sensors, vision systems and\or communications protocols highly desirable.
- Fluency on statistics for data analysis and quality control practices.
- Very hands-on. This is a “roll-up-your-sleeves” position.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- SolidWorks experience a preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in Python/Bash/Linux/LabVIEW a plus.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to handle multiple tasks with nominal direction
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.