Shift Manager - Overnight Shift
- Melrose Park, IL, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Reporting to Automation Manager, the Shift Manager plans and leads the daily activities of the Operations Department in the areas of Safety, Quality, and Maintenance. This requires both a focus on leadership as well as the full utilization of information, procedures and methods to positively impact the production of the overall system.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA, Symbotic, and our customers’ processes and procedures are met daily.
- Manage a team of hourly and salaried employees to support the customers hours of operations.
- As the system operates at various levels, execute standard operating procedures to drive performance enhancements, adjusting to changing business conditions as required.
- Ensures proper staffing of all functions for the established operating pattern, training and development of employees, setting goals and objectives. This includes evaluating performance by preparing performance reviews.
- Coach the team to respond effectively to issues/problems in the system. Develop standards,
- processes, procedures and documentation for dealing with specific problems.
- Train and enhance the performance of the team members. Regularly assess performance of team members. Train and motivate employees to exceed customer expectations.
- Communicate regularly with the local customer management team as well as the teams at Symbotic headquarters.
- Monitor system performance, report on trends of problems and present solutions.
- Monitor and provide defined KPI reporting based on contractual agreements.
- Conduct accident investigation per company guidelines and use judgment and discretion to make findings and document them
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, such as manufacturing, supply chain, or industrial automation.
- 1-3 years of experience in management in a related field.
Skills and Competencies:
- Values safety above all else.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Utilize progressive coaching and counseling concepts according to established policies and procedures to provide continuous feedback on performance, increase employee retention and improve employee relations.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual presentation communications skills.
- Strong knowledge of automation, warehousing, and business processes.
- Ability to work independent of supervision following maintenance procedures and manuals.
- A high sense of urgency.
- Takes critical feedback and recognition positively.
- Team player.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches.
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable of working in temperatures ranging from 105° to 32° Fahrenheit.
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing up to 60lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling, seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling, balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects, and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.