PLC Integration Specialist
- Wilmington, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The PLC Integration Specialist's role is to install, commission, and test PLC controlled equipment at customer sites. You will work side by side with electrical technicians to bring up control cabinets, load and configure PLC software, and execute tests to confirm functionality and performance.
- Commission PLC controllers and configure for customer site.
- Commission HMI and connect with PLCs.
- Load Symbotic software, verify implementation, execute commissioning tests.
- Assist with system integration tests.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the
- 100% remote & travel role to customer sites across the US and Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in Electro-Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline preferred.
- PLC programming experience in a professional environment
- Good knowledge in several of the following specialties:
- PLC (Rockwell Automation, PLCs, HMI, Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Robot (ABB, Fanuc)
- Industrial Network (Ethernet/IP, ProfiNet)
- Interface Operator (Panel View Plus)
- Skills to read electrical drawings
- Experience with motion control equipment such as VFDs.
- Able to debug and support via Remote Desktop, SSH, browser, etc.
- Ability to travel domestic and potentially international. Must have a valid driver’s license and credit card for expenses.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate verbally
or in writing with in a professional and friendly manner.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.