Senior HMI Developer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
- Define, develop, and execute a system wide HMI strategy
- Collaborate closely with Ux and operations in the pursuit of identifying opportunities for improvements
- Align development of the HMI with the controls modular and scalable architecture, recommending improvements to the controls architecture that would benefit the HMI architecture
- Setup and configure HMI software and hardware
- Perform factory functional testing of programmed control systems, including PLCs and HMI
- Develop engineered solutions and implements solutions to resolve customer issues
- Report and document controls system issues; implements software and hardware solutions to resolve problems
- Recommend material and process specifications, utilize engineering tools to solve problems
- Test the system to ensure functionality and monitor systems to quickly address problems or adjust automated processes.
- Recommend ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction
- Workplace: Montreal, Canada or Wilmington, United States, remote work will also be considered
- Available to travel approximatively 25% to various customer locations (Canada and United States).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or closely related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- 7 years’ experience with programming and configuring HMI software packages (Ignition FTView ME/), PLC platforms, Microsoft Operating Systems, OPC, SQL, and OLE clients and servers.
- Testing and commissioning electrical and software aspects of industrial automation equipment
- Experience with JIRA and agile methodology
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.