Industrial Controls Data Analyst
- Wilmington, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
We are seeking an Industrial Controls Data Analyst. The candidate is part of our Industrial Automation team and reports to the Manager Controls Sustaining Engineering. The ideal candidate is familiar with industrial controls and is data driven. To do this we need to develop advanced diagnostic tools and data set to reduce downtime and predict failures. As part of a team, work closely with developers and other departments to support data acquisition and reporting tools to guide decisions.
- Participate, support and interface with various reporting methods to develop a company wide solution to drive business decisions
- Implements and maintains data acquisition systems, such as IBA tag server, historian, and/or databases
- Analyze hardware and logic components from the system and identify data required for diagnostics
- Collaborates with organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements and cost reduction, and recommend system modifications
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to design and implement connected data sharing solutions
- Troubleshoot controls system problems; implements software and hardware solutions to resolve problems
- Perform factory functional testing of programmed control systems, including PLCs and HMI
- Test the system to ensure functionality and monitor systems to quickly address problems or adjust automated processes.
- Develop and implement data management standard, policies, and best practices
- Can be located in Montreal, Canada or Wilmington, MA, remote work will also be considered
- Available to travel approximatively 25% to various customer locations (Canada and United States).
- Bachelor`s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline preferred
- 5 years’ experience with programming and configuring Data Historian software packages, Microsoft Operating (e.g., IBA, FactoryTalk Historian) Systems, OPC, SQL, and OLE clients and servers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of Industrial Equipment such as PLC’s (Allen-Bradly), Drives, IO, and Industrial Networking
- Experience with JIRA and agile methodology
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.