Technical Writer - Industrial Controls
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
We are searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our internal and external documentation above industry standards. Reporting to the Manager, Controls Architecture, the candidate shall demonstrate experience in a highly technical field, such as industrial automation and software development. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you skillful to help people understand things.
- Develop comprehensive documentation aligned with organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of our various products to translate complex information into simple
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including manufacturers manuals, design specifications and functional descriptions
- Create, and maintain information architecture templates
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various stakeholder to understand products
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise, edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- 5 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Experience with JIRA and agile methodology
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.