Manager, Mechanical Engineering Operations
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
This role will be responsible for the introduction of new products/processes into the Symbotic product lines. You will manage cross functional deliverables, develop schedules, track progress against these plans, and ensure new products are brought to market on time with expected quality and cost performance. This includes managing the project from early prototype builds through the launch of full production. Will requires exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills. The successful candidate will act as the primary liaison between functional groups and the Manufacturing Organization and will integrate closely to ensure that all stakeholder requirements are properly communicated. This leader will actively participate in design review meetings and help guide development in DFx.
- Develop Mechanical Operations group and processes to further enhance Symbotic’s ability to execute repeatable on aggressive project timelines.
- Maintain schedule visibility, assess risks, facilitating meetings and build positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Use technical engineering skills to provide input/influence DFx including: Design for manufacturing, Design for Sourcing, Design for Service, Design for Cost and Design for Quality.
- Participate in early-stage product development meetings to document and communicate expectations and ensure the successful capture of Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, Test and Service requirements.
- Integrate NPI into cross-functional program teams to ensure stakeholder alignment and effectively communicate the impact of program decisions on schedules.
- Responsible for delivering new products on-time, within budget, and at expected quality and reliability levels.
- Perform cost analyses to establish full production MLBT cost expectations (material, labor, burden, tooling).
- Set initial build plans, drive material readiness with supply chain and evaluate constraints.
- Work with key strategic/selective manufacturing partners to ensure production capability is developed to support full-scale production ramps.
- Coordinate with manufacturing & supply chain to support new product roll outs.
- International travel will be required to witness and facilitate the approval of first article production samples and processes.
- Up to 25% domestic travel required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience with Mechanical Engineering and Design
- Minimum 5 years managing or leading a team of engineers developing electromechanical equipment.
- Strong understanding of new product development, manufacturing and DFx best practices
- Excellent Project/Program Management and organizational skills
- 3D CAD experience, preferably working knowledge of SolidWorks.
- Mechatronic, Robotics or Automation experience preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in fast paced environment.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
All Symbotic employees are expected to make safety their top priority.