Software Engineering Manager - Enterprise Applications
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for an experienced Manager to join the Applications engineering team. In this role you will oversee a team of front-end, full stack, and UX engineers. You will be responsible for the design and development of front-end user facing applications enabling system operators to interact with the Symbotic system. You will lead the team's delivery of features and be involved with technical designs, discussions, and prioritizations. As a manager, you must understand the importance of fostering a strong team environment and have the ability to develop trusting relationships with team members.
- Work with peers, technical leads, and engineers to set the direction for engineering and product development in an agile environment
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and ensure project plans and delivery commitments are met
- Manage resources, staffing and mentoring to maintain a best-in-class engineering team
- Manage and coach a motivated, engaged, and effective team
- Build solid, effective relationships with the business, product management, and other engineering leaders to enable excellent teamwork and product development
- Provide technical leadership toward designing and delivering flexible and scalable solutions aligned with best practices
- Own any solutions delivered by the team and be responsible for feature completion, quality, and performance through to production
- 6+ years professional experience developing user facing software applications
- 2+ years of experience managing a software engineering team
- Degree in Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or related experience
- Experience with .NET frameworks, WPF, Angular web frameworks, and real-time distributed services
- People leadership style that is value-based and approachable, enabling a collaborative and high-performing team culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present to customers and stakeholders
- Great interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building effective working relationships
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills, with the leadership ability to gain buy-in or acceptance regarding change
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.