Director of Supply Chain & Sourcing - Electronics & Manufacturing
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is seeking a Director of Supply Chain and Sourcing who will develop and lead strategic sourcing efforts for all the electronics within Symbotic’s automation system, including our mobile bots - further, enabling us to realize our commercial scale-up and pathway of becoming a multi-billion-dollar business. In addition to leading our electronics sourcing & supply chain management, you’ll additionally be responsible for all Symbotic’s MRO sourcing.
You’ll be responsible to define, quality and develop a supplier base best fitted to support our commercial scale-up of electronics that go into our automated systems & Bots. In addition to contract manufacturing, outsourcing.
- Developing and executing best-in-class electronic sourcing & supply chain strategies with annual spend in excess of $75M, contract manufacturing and scale/outsourcing strategy/knowledge
- Develop, negotiate, execute, and manage favorable supply agreements across the entire supply base to include all electronic assemblies (PCBA’s, ECU’s, Micro Chips, Connectors, Conductions, Semiconductors), for our mobile robots and MRO for the company as a whole.
- Being responsible for complete supply base management cycle while securing cost, quality, delivery, innovation, sustainability, and risks performances, acting as focal internal point
- Initiate and drive cross-functional communication and collaboration creating and executing project plans to ensure effective delivery of savings and other deliverables against the sourcing/procurement strategy.
- Lead sourcing initiatives and supplier selection process including bid evaluations, supplier evaluations, negotiation strategy, supplier selection and contracting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or related field; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience in strategic sourcing, partnership management, purchasing, and supply chain management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sourcing process, strategy and market drivers within electronics including PCBA, ECU’s, Micro Chips, Connectors, Conductions, Semiconductors.
- Experience with analytic tools to provide cost, value and risk assessment.
- Experience scaling supply chain operations preferred.
- Experience in creating business case and execution plans to outsource internal processes.
- Must be extremely strategic as well as tactical.
- Experience in creating Statement-of-Work and contracts management.
- Experience in “startup” company culture
- Comes with a network of suppliers in all aspects of Symbotic product line
- Experience in industrial automation, robotics industry preferred.
- Track record of leading and utilizing data and metric driven supplier performance improvements (KPI).
- Experience in PLM and ERP systems a must
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.