SQA Engineer - Industrial Controls
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, solutions oriented and creative environments. As an Industrial Controls Test Engineer you join the PLC team here to help us validate the quality of our software which will be rolled out in our customer environments.
- Works within the Software QA Team to validate a complex, distributed, multi-threaded, multi-processor system end-to-end, ensuring quality in mission-critical product releases to multiple production sites
- Tests new product features in addition to executing regression of existing features
- Works with development teams to develop test plans, test suites, and test cases to ensure that software stack is thoroughly verified and validated through manual and automated methods.
- Is entrusted to test a complex feature or multiple simple features from requirements to release with minimal oversight
- Submits, tracks, and verifies defects through the software development lifecycle
- Writes documents, tests, scripts and tools to help facilitate testing
- Participates in Agile/SCRUM exercises such as standup, grooming, planning, and retrospective, to ensure the team is working effectively and managing its work
- Travels to customer sites to provide engineering support
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, CS, or a related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in a related role
- Experience with SQA tools and processes
- Experience with various testing strategies including regression, functional, acceptance, smoke, integration, black box, white box, exploratory, ad hoc, performance, stress, load, and recovery testing
- Experience evaluating software and products and delivering effective test plans, test suites, and test cases
- Ability to evaluate and develop code to assist in test execution
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to work with closely with developers as well as small teams to complete tasks
- Has a proactive, self-motivated approach to solving problems
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.