Manager, Supply Chain
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic’s Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing commercial aspects of the supply base – supplier relationships, performance, risk, contracts, and cost. Key responsibilities are developing supplier sourcing strategies, should-cost analysis for new product introduction, contract manufacturing selection, supplier cost down strategy, supply chain risk assessment and contracts. The Supply Base Manager will work with Hardware Engineering to continually take cost out of the design with the supplier.
The Supply Chain Manager provides strategy around business needs, requirements and expectations. Additionally, the Supply Base Manager collaborates with all key stakeholders to understand and articulate tradeoffs, influence business decisions, and drive satisfactory resolutions.
- Develop / execute supplier and commodity-based sourcing strategies for NPI and contract manufacturing
- Work with NPI and Manufacturing Engineers to align with company targets and volume projections
- Develop AVL to maximize quality, cost savings and scalability
- Lead supplier selections utilizing developed AVL
- Negotiate and manage strategic supply and service agreements with contract manufacturing
- Assess product costs and drive / negotiate quarterly cost savings
- Identify potential new suppliers and manage supplier assessment, audits, and oversee qualifications
- Assess supply chain risks, including financial health, capacity assessments, Excess and obsolete management
- Drive necessary performance improvement plans
- Ensure satisfactory business continuity plans
- Drive satisfactory resolution of escalations / issues
- Accomplish goals against fiscal year functional goals and initiatives
- Excellent negotiation skills, creative thinker, problem solver
- Ability to create should-cost analysis for working with suppliers
- Sense of customer service, cross-functional team player, relationship builder
- Strong knowledge of global supply chain and manufacturing operations, processes, and procedures, coupled with business and financial acumen. Process-oriented, results-driven.
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred, with 10+ years of supply chain and manufacturing experience.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which may require cross-functional / cross-organizational issues resolution.
- Experience with procurement methods (should include cost, RFQ, linear pricing, EOQ, ROI)
- Good time management, ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze data and turn it into useful information (excel pivot tables and power point)
- Ability to summarize complex situations, and provide clear recommendations
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.