Parts Librarian / Solidworks Administrator
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is seeking Parts Librarian and Solidworks Administrator to join our Hardware Product Engineering team. In this role, you will partner with our mechanical engineering teams to develop practical designs from high-level concepts.
- Be a champion for Solidworks best practices and Symbotic modeling standards, and be able to provide expert advice, support, and training to Engineering staff
- Maintain a library of commercial parts and vendor assemblies in Solidworks and PDM
- Collaborate with Engineering, IT, and 3rd party PDM Administrator to manage Symbotic’s Solidworks implementation
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and detail in the submission and disposition of Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Utilize strong modeling and drafting skills, understand and apply accepted drafting standards, demonstrate competence in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Solidworks Power User
- Full familiarity with standardized document control processes - experience with PDM required
- 2-5 years of experience in designing, drafting, and detailing heavy machinery parts, mechanical assemblies, weldments, and/or industrial structures in Solidworks
- Experience with generation and maintenance of BOMs and ECOs in a PLM process
- Associates or equivalent degree in CAD and/or Engineering is a plus
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.