Advanced Configuration Specialist
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is seeking an Advanced Configuration Specialist to join our Hardware Product Engineering team. In this role, you will define and maintain Bills of Material for major subsystems of large-scale automated warehouse installations. You will also partner with our solutions, mechanical, and electrical engineering teams to develop practical designs from high-level concepts.
- Collaborate with Solutions Engineering team to define and understand the system-level requirements of each customer installation
- Organize, populate, and maintain BOMs for new customer installations using existing Symbotic electro-mechanical assemblies
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and detail in the submission and disposition of Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Utilize strong modeling and drafting skills, understand and apply accepted drafting standards, demonstrate competence in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Full familiarity with standardized document control processes, including generation and maintenance of BOMs and ECOs in a PLM process, is required. Experience with Arena is a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience in designing, drafting, and detailing heavy machinery parts, electro-mechanical assemblies, weldments, and/or industrial structures in Solidworks
- Experience with Solidworks PDM required
- Associates or equivalent degree in CAD and/or Engineering is a plus
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.