Technical Project Manager – Software
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) is a member of the PMO team that is responsible for planning and the successful delivery of multidisciplinary projects. The TPM owns management of the project through the Software Development Lifecycle from definitions through acceptance using Agile/SCRUM, Waterfall and Predictive project management methodologies
- Planning, tracking, and communicating project status to internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain project schedules using Subject Matter Expert input
- Coordinating deliverables in conjunction with technical experts within the IT, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering organizations across architecture, development, deployment, and documentation domains.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of the team within predictive and agile frameworks and continuous improvement of software development processes, quality and quantity of work delivered.
- Management of risks and issues that arise and reporting of overall project status to stakeholders and executive management
- Facilitate resource and capacity planning exercises
- Coordinate deliverables of enterprise software consisting of both legacy applications and cutting-edge services across multiple engineering, testing, and deployment teams
- Lead planning meetings with engineering teams to achieve deliverables
- Manage the project plans by establishing clear goals and hold staff accountable and participate in regular feedback dialog with staff members. Manage corrective action as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering or computer science; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the role of project management
- Experience blending predictive Project Management practices with iterative development techniques
- Experience leading agile scrum teams at a fast-paced technology company.
- Ability to troubleshoot details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and facilitate resolution. Ability to communicate well with internal and external technical audiences. Ability to triage issues based on priority, impact, risk, release timing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and build trust with stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous issues.
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to details.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- PMP certification preferred
- CSM certification preferred
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.