Manager - Electrical and Test Implementation
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Have you always wanted to work in the world of Automation? Do you want to join a team that is on the front lines of launching a robust solution that is transforming warehouse fulfillment?
Symbotic is looking for a Manufacturing professional focused on Electrical and Testing aspects of our Robotic and Industrial Controls solution. We want a Leader that has Vision, strong Electrical Engineering Skills, Test Development Skills and a desire to establish a team that will innovate to support our tremendous product ramp.
This role will be responsible for Test Development, DFx and Sustaining for Manufacturing and Customer Sites of Symbot Robots and Industrial Control Systems. You will develop\manage a team of Electrical Engineers, Test Engineers and Technicians that will establish the ramp of products into production. Your team will work cross functionally between Development and the Factory to ensure robust strategies to test, diagnose and drive continuous improvement into the product and process. You will be a leader in establishing and driving DFx into the designs. You will be responsible for establishing the test platforming strategies for automating a robust\reliable testing methodology with full data collection to allow ramping of products into volume process for both outsource and internal factories. Your team will be technical lead for Supply Chain on PCBA, Motors, Harnesses, Controls and Industrial Panels for Operations Engineering.
This leader will work cross functionally within Operations Engineering with Robotic Systems, Industrial and Mechanical teams to develop fixturing and strategies that optimize flow and test coverage in the right place in the product transformation. This position will have the latitude to innovate to establish the most cost-effective testing and containment of product defects. You will heavily influence field operations tools and methods to help sustain our system in the field.
You will establish deliverables, develop objectives, track progress against Symbot product roadmap and ensure new products are brought to market on time with expected quality and cost performance. Operations Engineering plays a key role from early prototype builds through the launch of full production. This role requires exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Develop the Operations Engineering Test\Electrical team to further enhance Symbotic’s ability to execute repeatable project launch on aggressive timelines.
- Develop innovative strategies to reduce our testing times. This requires a strong desire to design systems to test systems.
- Develop DFx standards and review Electrical designs to facilitate best outcome with our internal and outsource partners.
- Establish strong leadership in Printed Circuit Board Assembly DFx\Qualification Standards to facilitate SMT and manufacturability with our contract manufacturing partners.
- Drive Development of Test Automation strategies to cover ICT, Functional, System, and Environmental testing to contain process defects for our internal and outsource manufacturing partners.
- Own establishing Test Plans around full understanding of the electrical components and subsystems within our systems to ensure Operations can take designs from prototype to volume production.
- Work with outsource partners to spin out Test Automation in support of Field Replaceable units(FRUs) and Sub Systems that are built in support of internal box build and Field Operations.
- Own establishing skills in theory of Operations, diagnosing and debug of our Electronics, Robotics and Controls Systems. Become the trainer for our manufacturing and field support teams to become self Sufficient.
- Own technical responsibility for commodities that include PCBA, Motors, Harness, Control Systems, Panels and critical components. Become the liaison for Supply Chain as we ramp partnerships
- Develop robust data collection in support of Quality Management Systems
- Maintain schedule visibility, assess risks, facilitating meetings and build positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Participate in early-stage product development meetings to drive completion of PFMEA and ensure the successful capture of Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, Test and Service requirements.
- Design Test process to support contract manufacturing and contract partner onboarding and execution
- Work with key strategic/selective manufacturing partners to ensure production capability is developed to support full-scale production ramps.
- Domestic/International travel will be required to drive process improvement and overall development, 20-25%
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience with Electrical or Test Engineering and Design
- Minimum 5 years managing or leading a team of engineers in product development or manufacturing
- Strong understanding of new product development, manufacturing, and Lean best practices
- Strong EE skills to insure continuity from Design into Manufacturing
- Strong Software Skills including Python, C#, C++ and\or LabView
- Robust understand of Data Architectures to be able to drive data collection architectures and visualizations
- Excellent Project/Program Management and organizational skills
- Electronics, Mechatronic, Robotics or Automation experience preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in fast paced environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.