- 200 Research Drive, Wilmington, MA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Have you always wanted to work in the world of Automation? Do you want to join a team that is on the front lines of launching a robust solution that is transforming warehouse fulfillment?
Symbotic is looking for a Manufacturing professional focused on Electrical and Testing aspects of our Robotic and Industrial Controls solution. We want a skilled technician that can diagnose, and trouble shoot complex problems. This individual will become a subject matter expert in debugging printed circuit assemblies and subsystems. You will establish yourself as a knowledge expert and tackle the toughest problems. You will strive to be in a position of training lower-level technicians and as an escalation point with our outsource partners.
This role will report into Operations Engineering which is responsible for the establishment of methods and tools to produce our robots and Systems through internal manufacturing and outsource partners.
- Troubleshoot PCBAs down to the component level
- Collect results and trends to drive improvements into our designs, test coverage and quality coming from our upstream contract manufacturing partners.
- Support our Internal Manufacturing operations teams as an escalation point for the problems, they are unable to solve. Use escalation information to drive better training and methods into our talent pool.
- Participate in review of new product designs for testability, troubleshooting and repair
- Perform simple repairs to confirm findings and facilitate fast turnaround of quality spills
- Work your way into becoming a subject matter expert that can train others in how to diagnose issues.
- Use tools such as DMMs, Oscilloscopes, Debuggers, design tools to diagnose problems
- Use CAD tools to review layouts and schematics to diagnose issues
- Work with Quality team to establish corrective actions and preventative actions
- Perform FA for field failure as an escalation point to improve designs
- Available for Domestic/International travel in support of NPI ramp and knowledge transfer, 20%
- Desire ability to work across 1st or 2nd shift as we ramp team up.
- Desire Electronics training through Military or Educational Track (Apprenticeship, AS)
- Minimum of 5 years of PCBA troubleshooting to component level
- Strong understanding of Control Plane, Timing Plane and Power Electronics
- Familiarity with SOMs, POE, I2C, CAN, USB, Micro Controllers, Power FETs, Motors, Encoders, Video
- Strong test equipment skills with DMM, Scopes, Xilinx, Motor Drive Toolsets, Debugger toolsets
- Demonstrated ability to read schematics and establish a troubleshooting plan – need an intuitive\inquisitive individual that can dive in with minimal information
- Python, Scripting, LabVIEW skills a plus
- Desire to move up and become a subject matter expert – Train the Trainer
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in fast paced environment. We need to move with a high sense of urgency
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.