Manufacturing Supervisor - 2nd Shift (3pm-12am Monday-Friday)
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic Manufacturing has a need for a 2nd shift Production Supervisor at our Wilmington Massachusetts facility. This position has overall responsibility for the Assembly & Test teams consisting of 14-20 employees. This individual will lead a team of people in a fast paced and dynamic environment to meet contractual quality, cost, and delivery requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of work. This individual will also be responsible for a safe work environment and will lead and engage in safety improvement projects. This role requires daily interaction with operations engineering, quality, production control, and program management. Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery, safety goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
- Oversee the execution of schedule build plan
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Deployment and monitoring of resources for successful completion of tasks
- Employee hiring and training
- Time and attendance tracking
- Predictive and preventative theory/methods
- Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures
- Associates degree in Operations/Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or any major related field or equivalent education and work experience
- 5 years of work experience in production / manufacturing / operations or similar environments
- 3 years of leadership and management experience in manufacturing or similar environments.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma or other similar process improvement methodologies
- Experience assigning, managing and measuring work assignments to completion
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Solid people management and interpersonal skills; uses good judgment to resolve conflict
- Experience leading in a team-based manufacturing environment with minimal supervision
- Customer focused
- Metrics driven and success oriented
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access)
- Experience working with ERP and PLM software (NetSuite & Arena)
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.