Technical Support Engineer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, solutions oriented and creative environments. The Technical Support Engineer will play a hands-on role in proper operations of our the Symbotic system at our Client’s site. The qualified candidate will be responsible for receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. The candidate will also assist in problem resolution that is involved with the operations.
What you will be doing:
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming help requests from end users through a variety of avenues such as: telephone, email, Skype as well as Cases via Online CRM.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
- Perform ongoing activities such as backups, OS and application patching, executing various maintenance scripts, and monitoring the site IT infrastructure.
- Willing to provide on-call support coverage for customers.
- Ability to travel in North America up to 60% initially, travel requirement will be reduced to 10% to 20% after initial training period.
- Experience with supporting systems remotely by connecting to various system types via Remote Desktop, SSH, browser, etc.
- Experience with VMWare or other server/desktop virtualization platforms and management.
- Experience with Server and Storage Array hardware.
- Active Directory.
- Experience with TCP/IP based networks, protocols and troubleshooting.
- Experience with tools such as packet sniffers, network probes, command line debug.
- Experience with Window OS and Linux patching.
- Good command of Linux shell and scripting.
- Extensive application support experience – either in office, in field or both.
- Experience using SQL with ability to create and/or modify SQL scripts.
- Can demonstrate effective and disciplined troubleshooting problem solving methodologies.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with ISC DHCP, BIND and server BIND configuration is a plus.
- A BS from an accredited school in Controls Engineering or a directly related field of academic study.
- Exceptional customer service orientation for both internal and external customers.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate verbally or in writing with in a professional and friendly manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Previous controls design experience creating GUIs and HMIs using appropriate software packages.
- Motion control including tuning, programming and debugging of servos and VFDs.
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix Processors.
- Additional programming languages or PLC environments, such as Ladder Logic, Structured text, Function block, SFC, C.
- Scripting languages and data log analysis.
- Experience with Window OS and Linux patching.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.