Technical Support- (Hardware/Electrical/PLC)
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented and creative environments. The Technical Support Engineer will play a hands-on role in proper operations of our the Symbotic system at our Client’s site. The qualified candidate will be responsible for receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests. The candidate will also assist in problem resolution that is involved with the operations.
What you will be doing:
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming help requests from end-users through a variety of avenues such as telephone, email, IM communications as well as Cases via Online CRM.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure the problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end-users.
- Perform ongoing activities such as backups, trend analyzing, I/O checks, etc to assist with on-site issues.
- Willing to provide on-call support coverage for customers.
- Reading schematics, OEM manuals, and user guides to troubleshoot systems integrated with Symbotic equipment
- Remotely assisting site teams with troubleshooting advanced electro-mechanical issues using video conferencing software and other remote support tools
- Ability to travel for initial training to Site location(s) for hands-on experience and travel as needed for site support thereafter
- Extensive application support experience – either in office, infield, or both.
- Can demonstrate effective and disciplined troubleshooting problem-solving methodologies.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting experience using:
- Basic knowledge and troubleshooting of Rockwell PLC platform
- PLC knowledge is a plus
- Basic understanding of Ladder Logic
- Strong documentation skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- A BS from an accredited school in Controls Engineering or a directly related field of academic study.
- Exceptional customer service orientation for both internal and external customers.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate verbally or in writing within a professional and friendly manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Previous controls design experience creating GUIs and HMIs using appropriate software packages.
- Motion control including tuning, programming, and debugging of servos and VFDs.
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix Processors.
- Familiarity with ABB robots and controllers
- Knowledge of advanced sensor programming, including scanners, distance sensors, encoders
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.