- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The Corporate Controller will be responsible for the corporate accounting, tax and treasury functions including managing and scaling the team, processes, controls, and system to support Company’s growth. You will draw upon your considerable experience to become a trusted source of information inside the Company as well as reinforce and build upon transparent relationships with customers, suppliers, and stakeholders. The Controller will have strong technical skills, a natural attention to detail, and passion for process balanced by proven leadership abilities to build and train a team and the demeanor to thrive in a rapidly scaling "start-up". You will be equally comfortable as a leader, a technical contributor, and a mentor in a growing team. Your work will touch all parts of the organization from sales to engineering to operations and you will work closely with the CFO, COO, and VP of Finance.
- Lead the accounting operations of the company including maintaining an adequate system of accounting records/policies and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results
- Oversee and ensure a timely and efficient month-end and year-end close process
- Draft and implement technical accounting memos on areas such as ASC 606, ASC 842, Stock Based Compensation, Intangibles, and others.
- Build and manage all treasury functions
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and SOX
- Interface with external auditors, tax preparers, third party ERP vendors and other financial / accounting advisors
- Manage financial systems (NetSuite experience preferred, but not required)
- Manage cost accounting and inventory
- Track and report key financial and operational metrics
- Prepare the Company for any number of potential financial transactions, including public offering
- Mentor teammates and build a high performing team
- Active CPA with public company audit experience; IPO experience is a plus
- Public company experience managing SEC financial reporting processes
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP and acquisition accounting experience
- Experience with percent complete contract accounting under ASC 606
- Experience within a rapidly growing company with revenue over $200M per year
- ERP system implementation and/or integration
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.