Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a hands-on role in the development of core software components responsible for orchestrating inventory into the Symbotic system and order fulfillment out to customers. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
- Design and develop real-time distributed software to orchestrate the induction of new inventory and order fulfillment to customers.
- Evolve the current software architecture toward microservices using .NET Core, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ and Redis.
- Contribute to a distributed architecture using multi-threaded and multi-processor concepts.
- Play a hands-on role as part of an engineering team that works to design, develop, review and test new functionality.
- Collaborate with other development teams, project managers and product managers to breakdown requirements, design solutions and execute on new business requirements.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical leadership.
- Degree in Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or related experience.
- 5+ years professional experience developing software applications.
- 2+ years of experience with data/SQL platforms including traditional relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL).
- Object oriented design and programing concepts with C#.
- Source code version control, unit testing, design and defect tracking tools.
- Experience with multi-threading, multiprocessing, and SW/HW integration.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to learn quickly and independently, and work in a dynamic agile environment with cross functional and remote teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.