- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Program Manager with experience managing technically complex New Product Development (NPD) programs. The Program Manager will work with cross-functional leaders including product owners, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, services, sales, and other stakeholders to plan and execute NPD programs. The Program Manager’s primary goal is to ensure the teams are aligned, plans are executed, and issues/risks are managed effectively. This position will be a highly visible role and will interact with all departments and levels across the company including executive management.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to bring new products from concept through implementation, delivery, and support.
- Work closely with engineering managers and leads, product managers/owners, to ensure rapid execution and on time, high quality delivery of complex NPD programs. Interact with and motivate talented engineering teams across multiple locations, harness their high energy to deliver high quality products.
- Foster a culture focused on transparency, speed of decision-making, and a synchronized partnership within product teams.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues, risks, and challenges that surface in the NPD process.
- Ensure Symbotic’s Product Lifecycle Management process is followed, coach teams in executing the NPD process and best-practices.
- Lean-focused, continual improvement of new standards, processes and procedures that streamline interactions and communication across teams.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and regularly communicate initiative status to teams and senior management.
- Work with product management, sales, and finance to make sure business plans for each initiative are sound and optimized.
- BS/BA in an engineering discipline or a closely related field.
- 5+ years of Program Management expertise, functioning well in large-scale, complex, cross-functional programs integrating hardware, software, and controls.
- Demonstrated experience running projects using agile development principles, with knowledge of industry standard tools and best practices. Experience with helping or driving groups to migrate from waterfall, or combine with agile/Scrum is a plus.
- Good negotiation and relationship skills, both in directing the technical team and ability to manage and reach solutions to competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating dynamic meetings, coordinating among high energy participants and directing towards productive results.
- Proficient in JIRA, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Excel, Word, and Visio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly articulate program information to any level of the company
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, willingness to adapt to change and proceed on decisions made with varying levels of uncertainty.
- Experience with using metrics and data analysis to support or drive the right or most beneficial process improvements.
- Ultimate team player. Collaborative yet passionate and motivating.
- Ability to provide critical technical thinking at the team level to trigger appropriate discussions around requirements, design, and process challenges that the team may face.
- Experience with industrial/robotic automation is preferred.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.