Manager, Robotics Test Engineering
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
As Manager of Robotics Test Engineering, you will play a hands-on role in the development of our next generation of mobile robots, conveyance and automation systems that manipulate inventory in warehouse distribution centers. The qualified candidate will manage and lead a team responsible for validating the functional performance and reliability of Symbotic products and systems, in addition to further developing the Engineering organization’s test processes, tools, and talent.
- In conjunction with System Engineering, establish test objectives and criteria that align with development phases and milestones.
- Create comprehensive Design Verification Test (DVT) programs to validate that Symbotic products and systems satisfy functional requirements and reliability targets.
- Create detailed Design of Experiments (DOE) to identify sources of variation and main factors.
- Design test environments and processes to accomplish the agreed upon testing goals.
- Design and construct or purchase the needed capital equipment for testing.
- Organize, track and report status on the execution of tests at each design iteration.
- Set a high standard for sound test development, clarity of metrics, attention to detail, expert handling of data, and comprehensive test reporting.
- Advise the broader technical community on system performance parameters and how to view those in light of future roadmap objectives.
- Develop a test engineering team comprised of complementary skillsets and experiences to meet test demands and align with adjacent partner organizations.
- Support system-level testing of systems and subsystems.
- Perform system level debug of hardware and software components for mobile robot platforms.
- Troubleshoot system and product problems in design, manufacturing, or customer site operations.
- Conduct root cause analysis and drive resolution
- Support transition of new designs to production. Guide the Manufacturing Test organization in the definition of acceptance tests based on validation test findings and results.
- Minimum of B.S. in Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years experience testing products with a high degree of hardware and software complexity, preferably robotics or automation.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading and managing test engineering resources.
- Ability to be hands on where needed and able to communicate clearly and credibly.
- Experience with DFLSS, including DOE methodology.
- Fluency on statistics for data analysis and quality control practices.
- Experience with motion control equipment, material handling systems, motors, sensors, vision systems and\or communications protocols highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to effectively present technical information to senior management.
- Solid Works experience a plus
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.