NPI Project Manager
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The NPI Project Manager at Symbotic is responsible for leading new product introductions from design and engineering stage gates into manufacturing, procurement, and implementation stage gates. The PM will work closely with cross-functional leaders from design, engineering, supply chain, finance, installation, commissioning, testing, and operations. The PM’s primary goal is to ensure teams are aligned, plans are executed, issues/risks are managed effectively, and communications are crisp to ensure successful execution of NPI projects. This position will be a highly visible role and will interact with executive management, suppliers, and customers.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through development and maintenance of program integrated master schedule (IMS)
- Communicate project status, schedule, actions, costs, and key project metrics through standardized best practices.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues, risks, and challenges that surface in the deployment process.
- Partner with functional teams to ensure design for manufacturing/assembly/maintenance incorporated into NPIs.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure timely delivery of key components for pilot runs and production builds.
- Influence design specs and processes to achieve best quality and most optimized process for manufacturability, supply chain flexibility, and operational efficiency.
- Foster a culture focused on transparency, speed of decision-making, and continuous improvements.
- BS from an accredited college or university in engineering discipline
- 7+ years of project management expertise
- Experience in automated distribution and material handling systems is preferred
- PMP certification is preferred
- Must have in depth knowledge and demonstrated experience with project management tools, change management, and risks planning & mitigation.
- Experience with earned value management system (EVMS) or similar business process
- Experience with agile planning and execution
- Ability to schedule complex work with dependencies and to drive results, implement creative solutions while working under pressure, and work on multiple projects and assignments concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly articulate program information to any level of the company
- Have an understanding mechanically how things are grouped and put together.
- Good negotiation and relationship skills, both in directing the technical team and ability to manage and reach solutions to competing priorities
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Any experience with JIRA, OpenAir, Arena, and Autodesk Revit is a plus
- Must be willing to travel domestically 10%-20% of the time
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.