Senior Software Engineer- Pallet Building Planning Team
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Pallet Building Planning team, you will play a hands-on role in the development of software and algorithms that control our palletizing technology and build specialized pallets that are sent directly to store fronts for consumer purchase. The qualified candidate will play a hands-on role helping to bring our robotics solutions to our customers. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
- Design and develop pallet planning algorithms for our suite of pallet planning services. Algorithms must generate near optimal pallets considering stability, density, and customer constraints
- Implement pallet planning algorithms within the pallet planning service framework
- Write high quality and robust software in C#
- Test software in simulation and test centers before deployment
- Coach, mentor, and lead a diverse group of software engineers, helping them to grow technically and professionally
- Lead PBP algorithm/software development to support new hardware/functionalities and continuous AOB performance improvement
- Support onsite team on issues related with robotic palletizing and robotic depalletizing/singulating applications – triage on root cause of issues and help on decisions with solution options
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline, Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in software development.
- Experience with state of the art optimization and/or planning techniques, preferably for large complex systems and/or combinatorial optimization problems
- Experience with approximation and/or heuristic techniques for solving large combinatorial optimization problems with constraints
- Experience building Event-Based microservice, with Kubernetes, and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience with C#, SQL Server, ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana (ELK), Ansible, Linux, Kubernetes, Helm, and an understanding of virtualized servers, and networking is required.
- Extensive experience in software development using MATLAB for modelling using C.
- Excellent organizational and a great team player
- Highly analytical, with an ability to see both the big picture and details
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Experience with PLC and robotics control is a plus
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
All Symbotic employees are expected to make safety their top priority.