Senior Software Engineer (Algorithm Development)
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Our Research and Development team is currently in need of a technical leader to join our team. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in pallet building sequence (PSEQ) and robotics control, run data modelling, and evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to lead an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools which will influence both our products and clients.
- Coach, mentor, and lead a diverse group of software engineers, helping them to grow technically and professionally
- Lead PSEQ algorithm/software development to support new hardware/functionalities and continuous AOB performance improvement
- Lead RPC (robotics parameter control) algorithm/software development to support new hardware/functionalities and continuous AIB performance improvement
- Support onsite team on issues related with robotic palletizing and robotic depalletizing/singulating applications – triage on root cause of issues and help on decisions with solution options
- Lead on data collection/analysis/report and systems engineering effort for robotic palletizing/depalletizing applications
- Support HPE team on triaging onsite issues and other test needs, and lead on case handling of new products and new packaging types
- Work close to vision team to track CIS/PBA performance and feedback to software team
- 5 years’ experience in software development with at least 3 of those years as a senior team member.
- Bachelor’s required in Computer Science & EE. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience building Event-Based microservice, with Kubernetes, and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience with C#, SQL Server, ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana (ELK), Ansible, Linux, Kubernetes, Helm, and an understanding of virtualized servers, and networking is required.
- Extensive experience in software development using MATLAB for modelling using C.
- Excellent organizational and a great team player
- Highly analytical, with an ability to see both the big picture and details
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Experience with PLC and robotics control is a plus
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
All Symbotic employees are expected to make safety their top priority.