Advanced Embedded Controls Engineer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, solutions oriented and creative environments. The Embedded Controls Engineer II would be working with the embedded team to design, develop and implement the control strategies for our robots and other automation equipment.
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop, and implement control strategies for robots and other automation equipment.
- Assist with modeling and analysis of electro-mechanical systems.
- Assist in researching outside sources, evaluate and validate electrical drives, motors, and controllers from outside suppliers; write technical specifications for components.
- Support system testing of systems and subsystems.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing as needed.
- Integrate and configure electro-mechanical components for new robot designs
- Troubleshoot system problems in production or design by investigating issues related to product performance or production difficulties
- Evaluate and process engineering change requests
What makes you perfect for this role:
- Experience with software implementation of one or more: motion control, including open- and closed-loop feedback systems, motors and encoders, stepper motors, and servos.
- Experience with general purpose programming environments, languages and scripting systems, data analysis packages: Linux, C++, PERL, Matlab.
- Applicants must have the ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain/teach technical concepts to others.
Need to be located near the Boston area, would require you to come to the office.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.