Linux System Engineer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The System Administrator works within the Product IT department which provides the IT infrastructure as part of the Symbotic’s warehouse automation systems and applications. The System Administrator helps to implement the product roadmap and helps to deploy and administer the IT systems and systems used for performance and security monitoring to support the product. The right candidate will have extensive knowledge of both Linux and Windows environments, deploying in a highly available, multi-customer environment. This role particularly will be focused heavily on our Linux infrastructure.
- Monitoring ongoing project performance, while helping to anticipate problems before they occur and propose creative solutions.
- Working with the team to solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Uncover and advocate for preventative, upstream solutions with internal stakeholders and external vendors and dependencies
- Making informed, data-driven decisions in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Two or four-year degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows servers, with an emphasis on Linux, virtualization technologies and network monitoring tools
- Experience Deploying and automating server builds on physical and Virtual Infrastructure like VMware, hyper-V etc.
- Experience working with OS like Redhat, ubuntu, Centos etc.
- Knowledge of Deployment technologies including Kickstart, RPM creation and automation as well as broader tools including puppet or similar approaches
- Experience implementing and using update, patch, and policy deployment technologies such as YUM, WSUS, SCOM, SCCP or others and implementing custom YUM repositories
- Scripting language knowledge
- Experience with Active Directory, and Windows/Linux integration and two factor OS authentication
- Knowledge of storage systems like SAN, NAS, NFS
- Knowledge of hardware subsystems like Cisco UCS, HPE blades C7000, HPE synergy, standalone etc.
- Experience working in a multi-tenant high up time production environment
- Strong knowledge of the basics: network switching and routing protocols, WLAN, TCP/IP troubleshooting, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and customer skills
- Ability to provide Tier 3 on-call support coverage for customers
- Ability to travel in North America up to 20%
- All Symbotic employees are expected to make safety their top priority
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.