- Montreal, QC, Canada
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Plant Manager with experience in supervising and directing manufacturing personnel responsible for every stage of production to ensure manufacture of high quality and cost-effective products. As the Plant Manager at Symbotic Montréal, you will be challenged to use your technical expertise, team leadership skills, problem solving skills, solid business judgment, initiative, and creativity to lead a team that produces high-quality automation and robotic products for our customers looking to innovate their material handling operations. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Manufacturing Operations with a dotted line to the Director of Supply Chain management.
- Direct and coordinate daily operations of the manufacturing facility
- Oversee all levels of staff activity and performance in the manufacturing facility
- Ensure company policies and procedures are always followed
- Manages and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, etc.)
- Leads various manufacturing initiatives to deliver operational goals and KPI’s.
- Screen, interview and manage the onboarding process of new hires
- Provide training and educational materials to staff as necessary
- Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance
- Assists in the development of the Montreal manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards
- Monitor equipment and ensure that they are in good working order
- Repair or replace equipment as needed
- Ensure manufacturing and production personnel comply with set health and safety policies when carrying out job duties
- Approximately 10% travel
- BS in Business Management, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing in a Manufacturing Environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation communications skills
- Proven experience in people management, and ability to influence without direct authority.
- Bilingual, spoken and written (French and English)
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Must have experience in high volume high mix manufacturing
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner