Senior Database Administrator
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic currently has an opening for a Sr. Database Administrator. The candidate will be working with Sql Server databases, for a suite of applications, which controls fleets of mobile robots and industrial systems. The qualified candidate will play a hands-on role, helping to bring our robotics solutions to our customers. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative, and agile environment.
In this position, the DBA will be supporting SQL servers across an expanding set of production environments. The DBA will work to scale our processes as we grow the business.
The DBA will work closely with development teams and will gain a detailed knowledge of the work load on the production databases. The DBA will provide feedback to development teams and be involved with tuning application performance.
Local Candidates Preferred
- Production support of Sql Server databases including:
- Installation and configuration of production SQL Servers
- Monitoring and alerting
- Backup, recovery, and High Availability
- Maintenance tasks and data migration
- On call support
- Monitoring and tuning of database related application performance
- Collection of data for cloud reporting
- Collaboration with developers on tuning and design
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience administering HA production Sql Servers
- Requires a degree in a STEM related capacity for Sponsorship
- Strong knowledge of Sql Server performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of Sql Server features and tools
- Experience working with development teams to design features and the database schema to support them
- A system level mindset, with high attention to detail.
- A drive to understand how things work and solve problems
- Be a proactive communicator who enjoys working closely with creative and technical peers.
- This person must be able to work in a fast paced environment and support unscheduled events.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.