Sr. Project Manager
- Wilmington, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates, and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of Symbotic’s warehouse automation solution at customer sites to include design, installation, commissioning and testing, Projects range in duration from 8 to 18 months, with budgets of $40+ million. Specific responsibilities included, organization of all project related activities and communications that will ensure the successful execution of the project. This includes design, project specification, installation, earned value management, change management, project management, and communication with all affected stakeholders. This role will report to a program manager responsible for the multi-year implementation of Symbotic systems for strategic customers.
This position is client facing and would be the direct onsite contact for the client’s local management team with an emphasis on ensuring schedule, cost, scope, and safety. Serve as the chief conduit for communication from the client and to related parties within the company including any sub-contractors who have been assigned to carry out project activities. Site project managers will spend most of their time on client sites during the implementation phase and maybe required to manage multiple projects simultaneously. They will work closely with the installation, commissioning, and integration & testing teams to deploy a Symbotic systems. The site project manager will drive progress, maintain effective communication with the field team and client’s local management team, and provide weekly updates to the program manager for the site. Travel to corporate offices in Boston and Montreal may also be required.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality) on the current project assignment.
- Manage project development from conception through completion in accordance with program objectives
- Manages all schedules, procedures, and controls for assigned projects
- Conduct earned value analysis and present to internal leadership team.
- Lead weekly meetings to cover project progress
- Review’s status and monitors variances of the project relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
- Utilizes excellent communication skills to provide regular projects updates to the client and their representatives.
- 80% domestic travel expected.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university and at least 5-10 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience in distribution and material handling systems preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in construction related projects preferred.
- Experience managing a department or medium to large capital projects.
- Experience with high level scheduling.
- Experience managing multiple project simultaneously
- Experience in design/build, construction management or automation/ASRS projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing projects across broad internal (business leadership, sales/solutions, hardware and software engineering, etc.) & external stakeholders (client leadership, general contractors, architects, subcontractors).
- Demonstrated ability to schedule complex work with dependencies and to drive production
- Track record of exceeding project deliverables while remaining on time and within budget.
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions while working under pressure
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Professional, detail oriented, methodical, and organized.
- Proficient with the MS Office
- Familiar with scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera) and earned value management systems
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.