- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
We are hiring a talented Security Engineer professional to join our team. The right candidate will be a self-starter, a team player, and will enjoy working in a complex, fast paced environment. In this role you will provide technical assistance with the design, installation, operation, service, and maintenance of security systems such as antivirus, intrusion detection/protection systems, web proxies, mail gateways, logging systems, and encryption systems. You will also assist in the development of secure process, and procedures such as firewall rule reviews, IPS/IDS signature updates, deployment checklists, and other processes as required. Aa hands-on technical specialist, a Security Engineer handles the complex and detailed technical work necessary to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company systems. As a more seasoned member of the security team, an engineer will be an escalation point for security analysts.
- Designing, installing, operationalizing, and maintaining security systems such as antivirus, intrusion detection/protection systems, web proxies, mail gateways, logging systems, and encryption systems
- Analyzing existing security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis.
- Serving as an escalation point for security analysts for any security related topics
- Providing direct support for incident response
- Understand software, hardware and internet needs while adjusting them according to our business environment.
- Develop best practices and security standards for the organization.
- Supporting incident response process from initial escalation through incident closure.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Security or related field is preferred, but not required.
- At least 5 years' experience in Information Security
- Broad working knowledge of information systems
- Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, CISM preferred, but not required.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An understanding of best practices and how to implement them at a business-wide level.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.