Document Control Specialist
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
We seek an experienced PLM system and document control champion to work within our Engineering Services organization in support of new product introduction and volume manufacturing. As the Symbotic Document Control Specialist, you will own the Arena PLM system as well as ERP and PDM integrations. You will capture and analyze various metrics and use that data to drive enhancements to processes and workflows. You will develop a global understanding of the document control lifecycle at Symbotic including upstream and downstream impacts and provide front line user support to employees including bulk duties and executing ACOs when appropriate.
In this role you will:
- Input, maintain, and manage the document control system through all lifecycle phases.
- Route and track Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for approval globally, executing Admin Change Orders (ACOs) when appropriate.
- Administer PLM system, including:
- Configuring PLM System to QMS specifications and for optimal usability and data access speed.
- Managing supplier access to Symbotic’s PLM system.
- Assisting with data migration and release.
- Creating and remove user accounts.
- Creating processes and workflows within PLM.
- Addressing bugs or software errors with Arena staff.
- Maintaining accuracy of product data in PLM.
- Define and run PLM data quality checks to ensure smooth part and BOM transfer to the ERP system.
- Assist the Quality Manager in the maintenance of the Quality Management System processes.
- Develop policies and procedures for document control system in support of Quality Management System processes.
- Develop and provide PLM and quality system training to employees.
- Provide user support to employees in areas of PLM, quality processes, as well as the integrations between Arena PLM, and Netsuite ERP or Solidworks PDM.
- Coordinate material disposition for completed ECOs.
- Manage and run cross-functional Change Control Board (CCB) meetings.
- 2+ years of experience maintaining electronic and physical record compliance with a product lifecycle management tool.
- Experienced in a related field, preferably experience working within a quality management system for a manufacturer, ISO experience is an asset.
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Competent in writing and formatting of procedures and documents.
- Competent in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Understanding of office procedures, including filing, record management and archiving documentation.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates initiative and is self-motivated.
- All Symbotic employees are required to make safety their top priority
The following skills are considered a plus:
- Experience with Arena PLM.
- Experience with Netsuite ERP.
- Experience with SolidWorks ePDM.
- Secondary education is preferred.
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Request (ECR) process.
- Document review and procedural writing experience.
- Experience running effective process improvement projects.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.