Software Engineering Manager – Autonomous Robot Tasking Algorithms
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, solutions oriented and creative environment. The Core Software Systems Team at Symbotic is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead the Task Assignment Engineering Team. The candidate must understand the importance of fostering a strong team environment and have the ability to develop trusting relationships with their team members. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
- Own the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features for real-time distributed software that plans tasks for a fleet of mobile robots.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and ensure project plans and delivery commitments are met.
- Manage department resources, staffing, and team development to maintain a best-in-class engineering team. Hold regular 1:1s with the team.
- Promote and instill best practices in software engineering development.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on planning, design, and development for releases.
- Coach, mentor, and lead a diverse group of software engineers, helping them to grow technically and professionally.
- Maintain on call support schedule and work closely with site engineering to ensure software running in production is meeting customer expectations.
- Help attract and develop top tier talent through recruitment activities and workforce development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 10 years of experience in Software Development
- Minimum of 3 years spent as a team lead or manager of software development
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality, reliable code on schedule
- Experience leading teams in an Agile development environment
- Proficient with .NET technologies including C#
- Knowledge of microservice ecosystem technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ, and Redis
- Proficient with network communication mechanisms and protocols
- Knowledge of designing event based microservice architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience solving NP-Hard problems using combinatorial optimization is a plus
- Experience with a data analytics tools (Tableau, plotting libraries, regex, ELK) is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.