Automation Maintenance Technician - Day and Night Shifts Available
- Woodland, CA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The Automation Maintenance Technician will repair and calibrate our automated and robotic systems. These systems are Symbotic’s Automated Adapters, Vertical Lifts, and Symbotic’s fleet of automated robotic vehicles. An Automation Maintenance Technician will become the system expert of Symbotic’s automation, including all mechanical, electrical or electronic subsystems. You will also be responsible for system upkeep and operations of automated adapters used to interface with the Symbotic structure.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA, Symbotic, and our customers’ processes and procedures are met daily.
- Perform inspections on systems associated with Automated Storage and Retrieval System of automated robotic vehicles and Automated Adapters/ Lifts.
- Support continuous operation by adjusting, calibrating, repairing, replacing or modifying system components.
- Process and monitor the flow of the automated storage and retrieval system,
- Troubleshoot automated robotic vehicle anomalies and stoppages using schematic and wiring diagrams as well as advanced test equipment.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to follow electro-mechanical diagrams.
- Perform periodic system inspections within expected durations on all equipment and thoroughly document all actions and repairs to include parts used and labor. Ensure quality maintenance and complete documentation via the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Effective communication of production impacting problems and suggested actions, including approximate time required for corrective and emergency maintenance to required team members.
- Must be able to operate and run Automated systems.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and change course based on immediate business needs.
- Responsible for cleanup of equipment and removal of replaced parts from work areas after repairs are completed.
- Responsible for automated robotic vehicle recovery in the Symbotic Matrix select system to include working in restrictive environments.
- Responsible for minor utility work such as machining holes, brackets; cutting steel; aligning sensors; attaching Unistrut; etc.).
- Responsible for troubleshooting, calibration, set up, and tool changes on Robotic arms.
- Responsible for continuous cleaning and adhering to 5S policies.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience/ certification in electronics, automotive, automation, manufacturing or equivalent field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in mechanical automation systems.
Skills and Competencies:
- Values safety above all else.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations.
- Be proficient in performing all Inspection functions.
- Strong electro-mechanical skills.
- Ability to work independent of supervisor following procedures and manuals.
- A high sense of urgency.
- Ability to Multi-task and perform multiple job functions at once.
- Must be literate, written and verbal, in English Language.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches.
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable of working in temperatures ranging from 105° to 32° Fahrenheit.
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing up to 60lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling, seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling, balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects, and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.