Software Engineering Manager - Data Analytics
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Our Research and Development team is currently in need of a technical leader to join our team. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in creating ETL pipelines to generate data sets, run analytical experiments in a methodical manner, and evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to lead an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools which will influence both our products and clients.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
- Coach, mentor, and lead a diverse group of software engineers, helping them to grow technically and professionally
- Providing development teams with architectural blueprints and guidance
- Guiding and assisting the development team throughout the software delivery process
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Contribute to the company's knowledge base by being the forward-thinking data technology expert
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
- Implement ETL pipelines to aggregate and enrich data to create meaningful data sets.
- Implement reports to allow internal and external consumers of data to stay informed of system activity and performance as well as explore system related data.
- 10 years’ experience in software development with at least 3 of those years Managing or leading teams.
- Bachelor’s required or Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science
- Experience building Event-Based microservice, with Kubernetes, and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience with SQL Server, ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana (ELK), Ansible, Linux, Kubernetes, Fivetran, Snowflake, Helm, Qlik, Tableau and an understanding of virtualized servers, and networking is required.
- Extensive experience in agile software development
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Highly analytical, with an ability to see both the big picture and details
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Experience with Functional programming languages is a plus
- Experience with stream processing systems is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.